Thursday, August 2, 2018

Egg Roll In A Bowl

Once again, I don’t have a photo. I fixed this some time ago and Beloved Husband said he would eat it again. I’m wanting it, so I looked up the recipe. I always try here first because my Pepperplate has many recipes I haven’t fixed. Now he’s complaining a bit that he doesn’t remember this recipe, but my notes in Pepperplate verifies my memory! If I get it made, I’ll add a real photo of my dish instead of borrowing someone’s.

I saw my first example on a Trim-Healthy-Mama site, but when I searched, couldn't find it. This has almost the same ingredients. I did add some thawed green peas – I like their firmness – to ours, and will have to admit adding an extra bit of carrots – to our liking. I also put about a teaspoon of Hoisin sauce – again, a personal preference and not in the original recipe.

INGREDIENTS

1  lb ground country sausage
1  bag dry coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
5  cloves garlic, minced
1/2  cup soy sauce (low sodium is best)
1  teaspoon ginger
sliced green onion

INSTRUCTIONS

1.  In a large, deep skillet, brown sausage.
2.  Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine garlic, soy sauce, and ginger; set aside.
3.  Once sausage is cooked through, add dry coleslaw mix to skillet and stir to combine.
4.  Pour soy sauce mixture into the skillet and stir, continuing to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until cabbage is wilted, but still a bit crunchy.
5.  Remove from heat and garnish with sliced green onion.

There are multiple sites on the web with variations, if you’d like to take a look at some:

http://tiphero.com/egg-roll-in-a-bowl/

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a56236/egg-roll-bowls-recipe/

https://www.thelaundrymoms.com/eggroll-in-a-bowl/



No comments:

Post a Comment